The Nephilim, ancient giants of biblical times, legend or reality? As it was told in genesis they are believed to be the offspring of fallen angels and human women. There are stories of giants told in the legends of many different cultures from around the globe. So this would suggest that there were fallen angels scattered across the land all mating with human women trying to perpetuate a new race.
Were the tales of these giants just that myths, or did giant men really walk this planet long before us? Nephilim are mentioned in the bible in genesis, and there is some speculation that they are what brought about the flood.
- Genesis 6:4 (Original KJV):
- There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that,
- when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and
- they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which
- were of old, men of renown.
Being a hybrid of human and fallen angels, the Nephilim would have had tremendous size and power, think Goliath for example. Also it would be safe to say they would have been wicked in nature, having spawned from the fallen angels. Perhaps this is why the flood occurred to wipe them off of the planet. Many different theories have been stated regarding the Nephilim, some say they were Satan’s attempt at populating the Earth. Others believe that instead of being demon angels they are perhaps evil aliens trying to take over the planet. The Nephilim are also mentioned in the book of Enoch as “The Watchers”. Whichever theory you believe there has been some solid physical evidence to support giant men in ancient times.
During a road construction in the Euphrates Valley of south-east Turkey in the late 50s, many tombs containing the fossil remains of giants were uncovered. At the sites the leg bones were measured to be 120 cms (47.24 inches). Joe Taylor, Director of Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum, was commissioned to sculpt the human femur. This Antediluvian, or pre-flood giant was estimated to be between 14-16 feet tall.
Other notable Nephilim fossil finds:
- 23-foot tall skeleton found in 1456 A.D. beside a river in Valence, France.
- A 25′ 6 ” skeleton found in 1613 A.D. near the castle of Chaumont in France. This was claimed to be a nearly complete find.
- A 9′ 8″ skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana (Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975).
- In 1833 soldiers digging at a pit for a powder magazine in Lompock Rancho, California, discovered a male skeleton 12 feet tall. The skeleton was surrounded by carved shells, stone axes, and blocks of porphyry covered with unintelligible symbols. The skeleton had double rows of upper and lower teeth. These bones substantiated legends by the local Piute Indians regarding giants which they called Si-Te-Cahs.
- In Clearwater Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double sets of teeth.
I do find it strange and interesting that several of these skeletons had dual sets of upper and lower teeth, and were accompanied by strange symbols, and writing. I will have to look further into that. This alone proves that there were in fact giants that walked the Earth in those days. Are they the Nephilim from the Bible? You decide for yourself.